Reference Number: 206193040
Location: North West
Date Opened: 2017-07-12 14:06:41
Highway Structures/ Bridge Engineer
Carrington West on behalf of their client is recruiting for a Highway Structures/ Bridge Engineer based at clients offices in the North West.
The Highway Structures/ Bridge Engineer will join a busy highways structures team who focus on maintenance schemes for a variety of high speed road contracts.
As a Highway Structures/ Bridge Engineer you will demonstrate experience in inspection, assessment, design and construction of highway structures to UK standards and experience of using relevant software.
Key responsibilities of Highway Structures/ Bridge Engineer are
* Managing the delivery of technical outputs of project teams.
* Acting as Lead Designer on work undertaken by the team.
* Undertaking services within an engineering environment which may include (but are not limited to); scheme investigation, site and structure inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, preparation of tender documents, works/construction inspection and supervision to progress scheme design, development and construction.
* Contributing to Value Management / Engineering to support Principal Engineers and Project Managers in ensuring that schemes are delivered with innovation.
* Providing technical input to brief responses and proposals for new work.
* Ensuring that delivery is achieved in accordance with the company's management systems including Health and Safety, project and risk management.
* Developing the talent within the team by coaching and mentoring Engineers, Technicians and Graduates and supporting their technical career development aspirations.
The client has vacancies for Highway Structures/ Bridge Engineer could be based at clients' offices near Preston or in Cumbria.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Jason Kohle at Carrington West on (Apply online only).
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jason at Carrington West on (Apply online only) for more information. IND123