Reference Number: 207332022
Location: North West
Date Opened: 2018-02-07 10:58:06
Role and Skills Profile
A CNC Machinist with this company is a trained professional and by your diligent work their products are of the high technical standard and fulfil their customers' need for quality and reliability. As part of a team you will work adeptly and efficiently, setting up CNC programs, feeding the machines, and checking the products' dimensions manually (in- process) and/ or using CMM machines and you will report to the team leaders.
– Local Subsidiary of a global group based with 70 sites around the globe, 8'000 employees)
– Main customers are Aerospace, Chemical and Process Industries, Industrial and Electrical Application Industries
– Skilled Hourly Rate of £11.57 + Shift Allowance £14.58 + Attendance Bonus £15.51
– Semi-Skilled Workers – £10.50 PH + Shift Allowance £13.23 + Attendance Bonus £14.16
– BUPA after a qualifying period
– Read drawings and creates CNC programs accordingly.
– Setting up and programming CNC machines (Mazak)
– First- off dimensional tests on new programs.
– Feeds and runs CNC machines.
– In-process controls using manual devices (gauges, micrometer).
– Finished product inspections using CNC CMM machines.
– Problem- aware, active handling of CNC machines.
– Reporting in SAP and on paper.
– Evolution of own skills and techniques.
– Time Served / Skilled Turner.
– Professional handling of CNC machines.
– Good capacity to work in a small team.
– Methodical skills like 5S or CIP useful.
– Ability to demonstrate initiative and work independently.
– Willing to improve themselves and their work environment
– Hours of work are Mon – Thurs 2 pm – 10 pm and 12 pm – 7 pm on a Friday with most Saturdays available as overtime first 4 hours at T 1/3 and after 4 hours at T 1/2