Reference Number: 206122524
Location: North West
Salary: £380 - £400/annum
Date Opened: 2017-06-29 17:32:04
Contract circa £400 a day
An opportunity has arisen for a Commissioning Manager. Responsible for managing a Team of Commissioning Engineers to ensure that all commissioning is successfully completed and that Handover to the Client is managed in an efficient and professional manner.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
* Ideally familiar with all aspects of M&E equipment for clean and waste water treatment processes.
* Production / management of a standard suite of commissioning documents including:
* Commissioning Plans
* Commissioning Documents
* Training Plans
* Training Manuals
* Testing and Commissioning Programmes
* Handover Documents
* The formation and maintenance of excellent relationships with the Clients Commissioning and Takeover Manager, Commissioning Staff and Automation team. Ensuring that we gain their trust and confidence throughout the duration of the framework agreement.
* Where appropriate, the undertaking of the testing, commissioning, training and handover of schemes.
* Working alongside the Project Managers and Engineers to ensure all relevant equipment is subjected to rigorous FAT tests prior to dispatch to site. This will involve a combination of either undertaking tests in person or managing others to undertake the tests. This will include responsibility for ensuring that all test documentation is completed and available for dispatch with the equipment.
* Working alongside the Project Managers and Engineers to ensure the correct financial allowances are made within the project cost make up in order to undertake the required, testing, commissioning, training and handover processes.
* Working alongside the project delivery teams to ensure the schemes have zero defects at handover and all plant is properly commissioned resulting in no return visits for commissioning defects after the client takeover.
* To ensure that all Client KPI's relating to Commissioning, Training and Handover are successfully managed.
* Working alongside the Operations Manager to recruit and manage the Commissioning Engineers required for the successful delivery of the framework agreement. It is envisaged that this will be achieved via a combination or directly employed and subcontract staff.
* Where appropriate to ensure the training and development of Graduate / Trainee Commissioning Engineers thus ensuring that we establish a high calibre capability.
* The implementation and maintenance of a robust commissioning document database. Ensuring that all documents returned following the completion of the commissioning activities are accurately completed and then stored for future reference. Skills and Experience
* An industry applicable ONC or City & Guilds / NVQ equivalent
* Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries
* Relevant H&S qualifications (IOSH or CITB 5 Day Site Safety Management, A relevant CSCS card and First Aid training)
* Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
* Self motivation
* Be able to organise yourself and others workload
* Be proactive in your approach
* An excellent communicator
* A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
* Blue Water hygiene card