Reference Number: 207272224
Location: North West
Salary: £12 - £14/hour
Date Opened: 2018-01-26 18:31:02
Drafting Assistant- Electro-Mechanical
£12- £14 per hour
Location: North West
3 Month Rolling Contract
I have an urgent contract requirement for a Drafting Assistant to join an engineering business based in the North West who develop electro-mechanical systems and equipment for the Aerospace and Defence sectors.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for providing support to the Design, Engineering and production teams; producing 2D drawings, associated documentation and managing engineering change requests.
* Take 3D models and create 2D drawings to allow manufacture
* Make changes to all existing manufacturing and assembly drawings as dictated by the drawing change request system
* Work with the production engineers to update documentation
* Create and check engineering related documents as per the Quality Management System (QMS) Design Approval Matrix
* Provide assistance in the assembly and maintenance of engineering and other technical files
Key Skills and Background Required:
* 3+ years experience- working within a design and/or engineering environment
* Highly skilled in the use of AutoCAD
* Knowledge of Inventor and Vault is highly desirable
* Good knowledge of manufacturing techniques
* Knowledge of machined component drawings
* Experience using a QMS system
How to apply:
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided and I will contact you shortly for a confidential discussion.
Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to the technology and manufacturing sectors.
Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across the following engineering and commercial disciplines; mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, controls & instrumentation, embedded software & electronics, quality & manufacturing, product design and project, programme & operations management