Reference Number: 207751117
Location: North West
Date Opened: 2018-04-23 11:58:35
Mechanical Designers – CAD
Salary depending on experience
Long term Contract role
Cubiq Recruitment are representing a global defence client in the support of a major recruitment drive for an aerospace programme. The organisation manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions whilst their missions and goals are to ensure they make the world a safer place.
We are seeking for a skilled individual to join a dynamic team of professionals. You’ll be responsible for the mechanical integration of mission equipment onto special mission aircraft
Summary of Role:
* The program is fast paced and requires experienced designers.
* Working within the full life cycle of the products from initial scheming to in-service issues, to deliver on complex solo or multiple projects simultaneously to the highest quality.
* Reporting to the Drawing Office Manager and liaising with electrical and mechanical engineers.
* Experience with CATIA/Solidworks/Creo/AutoCAD/or other CAD packages.
* Solid modelling and design maturation of sub-system components.
* Creation and modification of engineering drawings
* Technical support in design and management of work packages from concept to release.
* HNC in Aerospace or Mechanical design with aerospace experience or alternatively a highly regulated/safety critical industry
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to show your own initiative.
* Good problem solving abilities.
* Good team working skills , ability to take a proactive approach to dealing with day to day tasks
* Attention to detail, detail-orientated, efficient and perform self-verification of own work.
* Customer focus, aware of deadlines and good time management.
* Ability to gather and collate information and act upon the data
* Ability to work under own initiative, to take the lead of your own requirements within the project.
* SC Cleared
* Manufacturing experience, fabrication, machining, composites
* Knowledge of systems in an aerospace environment – such as avionics, electrical power.
* Understanding of Stress requirements
* Experience in Model Based Design of briefing packages to programme management and customers.
How to APPLY:-
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided and I will contact you shortly for a confidential discussion.
Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to the technology and manufacturing sectors.
Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across the following engineering and commercial disciplines; mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, controls & instrumentation, embedded software & electronics, quality & manufacturing, product design and project, programme & operations management