Reference Number: 206148435
Location: North West
Date Opened: 2017-07-05 09:17:41
Do you want to work for an exciting company that invests in its people? Do you want your ambitions met with real career progression?
My client is a leading SME manufacturer who specialise in manufacturing high pressure forming of complex pressings and welded high temperature fabrications. Due to demanding growth they now are seeking Production Engineer – Machining Specialist to grow within the company.
Reporting to the Process Manager, the Production Operator will be responsible and accountable for the manufacture of components through fabrication and machining processes.
– Operate machinery including: Vertical Turning Lathe, CNC Lathe, 5-Axis Laser, Rolling Equipment
– Storage, safe handling and maintenance of machining tools
– Carry out safety checks and preventative maintenance
– Operate and maintain lifting equipment
– Handling and movement of goods throughout the factory
– Follow procedures, data entry and record keeping
– Housekeeping within work area
Knowledge and qualifications
– 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C, including mathematics
– Understanding of the importance of Health & Safety
– Experience of management systems especially ISO 9001 is desirable.
– Experience in the aerospace or engineering industry is desirable.
– FLT licence is desirable.
Skills and competencies
– To understand the importance of Health & Safety
– To have an appreciation of the importance of accuracy and attention to detail
– Ability to use hand held measurement equipment including height gauges and Vernier`s
– To be physically fit and active, with the ability to stand for long periods of time and to carry heavy objects within safety limits
– Demonstrates a high standard of punctuality, attendance and work ethic
– The attitude and desire to succeed
– Ability to train others in roles and responsibility
– Ability to work as a team as well as independently
Package on Offer
– Hours of work are 07.15 – 17.00 Monday to Thursday (30 mins unpaid lunch)
– Friday is Overtime (Paid at normal rate until completion of probation period)
– Hourly rate is £9
– 25 days holiday plus stats
– Pension Scheme
– Personal development plan
– Career opportunities to progress within the organisation
– Good transport link
– Free parking
– Newly renovated canteen
All applicants should expect to attend 2 interviews and take part in an online assessment. First stage interviews will be held from the 12th of June