Reference Number: 206148594
Location: North West
Salary: £9 - £10/hour
Date Opened: 2017-07-05 09:29:40
Do you want to work for an exciting company that invests in its people? Do you want your ambitions met with real career progression?
My client is a leading SME manufacturer who specialise in manufacturing high pressure forming of complex pressings and welded high temperature fabrications. Due to demanding growth they now are seeking Production Operators in their Press Shop to grow within the company.
Reporting to the Process Manager, the Production Operator will be responsible and accountable for the manufacture of components through fabrication and press processes.
– Operate machinery and equipment including: Press Brakes, Hydroform Presses, Punch Presses, Aqueous Degreaser, Heat Treatment Ovens
– Storage, safe handling and maintenance of press tools
– Carry out safety checks and preventative maintenance
– Operate and maintain lifting equipment
– Handling and movement of goods throughout the factory
– Unloading and supervision of unloading goods from delivery vehicles
– Follow procedures, data entry and record keeping
– Housekeeping within work area
Knowledge and qualifications
– 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C, including mathematics
– Understanding of the importance of Health & Safety
– Experience of management systems especially ISO 9001 is desirable.
– Experience in the aerospace or engineering industry is desirable.
– FLT Licence is Desirable
Skills and competencies
– To understand the importance of Health & Safety
– To have an appreciation of the importance of accuracy and attention to detail
– To be physically fit and active, with the ability to stand for long periods of time and to carry heavy objects within safety limits
– Demonstrates a high standard of punctuality, attendance and work ethic
– The attitude and desire to succeed
– Ability to train others in roles and responsibility
– Ability to work as a team as well as independently
Package on Offer
– Hours of work are 07.15 – 17.00 Monday to Thursday (30 mins unpaid lunch)
– Friday is Overtime (Paid at normal rate until completion of probation period)
– Hourly rate is £9-£10 DOE
– 25 days holiday plus stats
– Pension Scheme
– Personal development plan
– Career opportunities to progress within the organisation
– Good transport link
– Free parking
– Newly renovated canteen
All applicants should expect to attend 2 interviews and take part in an online assessment. First stage interviews will be held from the 12th of June