Reference Number: 207829444
Location: North West
Salary: £31000 - £43000/annum
Date Opened: 2018-05-04 14:33:38
PROPOSALS / PRICING / COSTING ENGINEER SCOTLAND £37,000 – £43,000pa
Are you a motivated, customer savvy, proposal engineer with experience developing, estimating and quoting custom automation systems?
I'm looking for a qualified engineer who's interested in a varied role, someone with a sales background. The role will be split 60% technical pricing and 40% sales so it's essential we find a technical expert who is happy to grow sales and has some sales experience.
The organisation is a rapidly growing firm offering an exciting work environment with constant changing and growing challenges. They specialise in industrial process and control systems and custom automation having the ability to provide complete turn-key automated solutions.
Responsibilities of a Proposals Engineer
– Work directly with customers to understand their processes and develop the best solutions for their requirements.
– Work with our sales team to professionally represent the company at a customer, gather data, and ask the right questions to define a project.
– Work with our engineers and designers to develop and quote cost effective solutions.
– Recognise and understand the customer's needs, make suggestions for possible solutions, and quickly develop budgetary numbers. Accuracy is essential.
Basic responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
– Technology research / analysis
– Cost analysis and estimating
– Develop value-added propositions and proposal writing.
The opportunity of a Proposals engineer requires a Bachelor's Degree in an engineering-related discipline (e.g. Electrical Engineering, Controls Engineering, etc.). Familiarity with control systems within high volume manufacturing and LEAN Concepts a plus.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical writing skills and must be have the right to work in the European Union.
Costing, pricing, estimating, estimation, quotation, quoting, proposal, proposals, technical, sales, engineer, control systems, industrial automation, technical writing.
For more information or to apply please contact Gabrielle Walsh on 023 92 (Apply online only); alternatively you can send your CV .
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy