Reference Number: 207640118
Location: North West
Salary: £27000 - £37000/annum £Negotiable
Date Opened: 2018-04-04 11:21:36
Position: Sales Applications Engineer
Location: North West
The Company: My client is a leading manufacturer of high performance products & specialist instruments.
• The application engineer position requires a customer service focused individual.
• The engineer provides customers with prompt and accurate answers.
• The position’s main focus is phone support which includes inbound and outbound calling.
• The technical phone support requires the knowledge to select from a wide range of sensors and instrumentation to meet the customer’s application or requirement needs, create quotes, enter orders and provide post sales technical support.
• Some in the field activities may be required from time to time.
• Drive and contribute to the achievement of sales performance of the region, identifying and proactively engaging with large or high potential customers.
• Provide Customer Service by meeting the needs of the customer and providing an exceptional customer satisfaction experience.
• Identify customers' needs and provide the 'best' or 'total' solution from a wide range of products and services.
• Maintain exceptional communication skills – both verbal and written
• Create customer quotations and enter sales order.
• Identify areas of growth for individual products, product areas, and markets, and provide feedback to marketing, design, and sourcing groups.
• Meet and exceed key performance measurements
• Support Internal Customers such as: Customer Service,
• Maintain the quality requirements to meet the standards established by the Company.
• Must thrive in a high-performance environment.
• Must have the ability to multi-task.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• B.Eng. degree in a technical field (Preferably C&I, Electrical) with 3 -5 years of similar sales/engineering experience, or an industrial instrumentation and process control background coupled with a recognised academic qualification.
• Fluent in English (both oral and writing), other European language skills an advantage.
• Technical – Understands and can communicate product application requirements clearly, with extensive experience in Temperature, Flow and Level environment.
• Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
• Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Persuasion – Persuading customers to change their minds or behaviour.
• Service Orientation – Actively looking for ways to help people